* Daylight Savings Time starts Sunday Mar 12
* Saturday March 18 University of Scouting
* Mar 24-26 Camping at Boyhaven
* Mar 27 Troop Meeting will be held at the Kayderosseras Fish and Game Club
* Friday Mar 31 Board Game Lock In at the Church
Changes and additions to the calendar
* the District Camporee has been moved to May 5-7 from May 19-21
* the Troop Court of Honor has been moved to June 4 from May 28
* OA Induction/Brotherhood Weekend is May 19-21 at Camp Wakpominee
* Stephen L.'s Eagle Court of Honor is Saturday, May 13
Since we welcomed several new Scouts and families to the troop, most recently, from Troop 1's crossover ceremony this past Saturday, I want to remind everyone about our Facebook page. We can be found of Facebook at "BSA Troop 1 Ballston Spa, NY". The Facebook page is probably one of the fastest ways that we get information out. We also post updates from camp, pictures of events, links to other sites or articles of interest, and other information.
We are also working on adding more content to the website. This week information about the BSA and Troop's uniform policies and information about what is needed for the annual medical form, especially for summer camp. We are actively working on information about how the advancement process works, how the troop leadership works and positions that we need volunteers for. For families with new scouts in the troop we hope that the information will answer some questions you may have since the troop functions very differently than the pack does. we have also had some fairly major changes to the Boy Scout advancement requirements that may affect some of our non crossover scouts.
What is University of Scouting? University of Scouting and College of Commissioners Science is a day long, Council wide, adult training event. It will be held again this year at Shaker High School from 7:45-4:30. It offers training in all aspects of Scouting including Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturing, District Committee as well as Commissioners. Costs start at just $12 for the day with an additional fee if you want to purchase lunch (they are offering Dinosaur BBQ and Panera boxed lunches this year) If you are interested there is information and registration information here www.trcscouting.org/Events/university
Thats all for me this week. See you next time :-)